|Voice actor||Yuri Lowenthal|
The Red King of Conquest, Aleph, is A14 of the Archangels, being a man in a red coat and a cane with a floating triangle mirror for a head. He is the main antagonist of the game, being the one who initially defeated Morgante and recruits the Archangels of New Wirral to escape the island and cause chaos across reality.
Aleph once lead a troupe of Archangels across the connected cosmos. There, he commanded great battles, becoming a part of many common legends known to this very day. His portal head allows him to send anyone and anything anywhere he wants - except himself.
The incarnation of conquest, Aleph was born from mankind's warlike nature and desire to conquer. He once lead a troupe of Archangels, including Morgante, Ms. Amber, Mordread, and more, which he called his "round table". Of that alliance, only he and Morgante now remain on New Wirral.
He is first seen rising from the ground, opening the way to Harbourtown Station. He is later seen recruiting Archangels that you have defeated, becoming more and more interested in you before leaving. After defeating 4 Archangels, he shows up in the middle of Harbourtown to introduce himself and requests the player to stop interfering with his recruitment, using his portal head to teleport the player to a dead world to get rid of them after saying they wish to "leave" New Wirral.
When the player returns to New Wirral thanks to Ms. Amber and eventually finds a way to Night's Bridge Station, Aleph follows them to the doorway to leave New Wirral, where he will then reveal his new "team" and the true nature of Archangels, stating that his goal is to leave New Wirral with his new team with the intent to spread misery across worlds. Aleph proposes a deal with the player that involves letting Aleph and his team leave in exchange for never visiting the player and their partners' worlds. After the player rejects his offer, Aleph grows hostile and initiates a fight. After losing, he and his team begin to escape onto the train they arrived on, causing your own team to follow and stop him. Intrigued by your ability to use "fusion", Aleph performs the same trick with his team, becoming something more...
Can be located and fought in Night's Bridge Station. Can only be fought once per save file.
Aleph will assail players with powerful attacks while changing his type constantly with Prismatic to keep the fight unpredictable. He also uses moves like Sharpen as part of his turn to enhance his melee Special Moves, and Sharp Edges to add more elemental damages on-contact. Be warned: an attack-boosted "Deux Ex Calibur" can fully KO an unprotected tape or party member with ease.
- Death By 1000 Cuts: Attacks a team with swords, dealing two hits of Typeless damage
- Death By 10,000 Cuts: Attacks a team with swords, dealing three hits of Typeless damage
- Deus Ex Calibur (Angelic Attack): Deals heavy Typeless damage to a single target.
Name Origin and Design
"Aleph" (א) is the 1st letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
Alpeh's former names: Arthur, Alexander, and Agamemnon are based on legendary or historical kings associated with conquest whose names begin with the letter A: Arthur, Alexander the Great, and Agamemnon.
- Before his name was revealed, he was referred to as "The Triangle Man" on the voice actor role call.
- His "Death by a 1000/10,000 Cuts" animation uses the Fusion Power swords when attacking.
- When meeting with the player and their partner in Harbourtown, in response to the player and partner asking Aleph who he is, Aleph tells them "YOU CAN CALL ME AL.". This is likely a reference to the Paul Simon song "You Can Call Me Al".
In Other Languages
|Spanish (Latin America)||Álef|
- "IN FACT, I'LL MAKE YOU A DEAL! WE CAN ALL GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS, AND WE'LL NEVER VISIT ANY OF YOUR WORLDS. YOU'LL NEVER SEE US AGAIN. WHAT DO YOU SAY?" - Aleph
- "Aleph". Merriam-Webster. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aleph. Retrieved June 12, 2023.
- "I'VE BEEN CALLED MANY THINGS BY YOUR KIND. ARTHUR, ALEXANDER, AGAMEMNON... ALAS, I AM ALEPH." - Aleph
- "to hammer this home, Aleph's outfit is actually based on the historical British red coat uniform to boot" - samuri (Jay Baylis). Bytten Studios Discord server. June 5, 2023. https://discord.com/channels/594939411775619102/1026951419854585976/1115294513477451857