|Voice actor||Cory Yee|
Codey is a ranger captain who specializes in technology and bootleg cassettes. He tends to be arrogant, often bragging about being very strong in battle. Codey is also somewhat of a sore loser.
During Take Me On, the player fights Codey in order to get his stamp for the ranger trainee card.
Codey mainly focuses on using a Glitter Bomb Resonance combo. He uses Glitter Bomb to turn your monsters into Glitter type, uses a Glass type move like Crystal Lens to make them Glass type, and follows up with Air type moves to increment their resonance count and defeat them.
Most of Codey’s tapes now have Echolocation, making his Resonance tactic far more efficient in this rematch. Aeroboros adds some ranged bulk to Codey’s team and is able to use New Leaf to erase any of its status conditions.
Name and Design Origin
Codey's name is a nickname that he picked himself. He gave himself that name because he used to code before arriving in New Wirral.
Codey's glove is likely a reference to the Power Glove.
- Codey mentions that there is no wifi in New Wirral.
- Codey's entire team in both fights against him are bootlegs.
- Codey is the only ranger captain who uses bootlegs on their team in their first battle against the player.
- Codey regrets not having chosen a cooler nickname for himself.
In Other Languages
|Spanish (Spain)||Guarda de élite Codi|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Guarda mayor Codi|
- "They call me Codey. Because I used to code. Well, I used to break code. Anything in the information space can be cracked if you're smart enough. Websites, video games, government servers, I got in a little trouble for that last one." - Codey
- "The only thing here for me to hack are these monster tapes. It turns out I'm pretty good at that too, which is why I'm a ranger captain." - Codey
- "C'mon, I bet you're desperate to see my modded cassette tapes! Are you gonna take my ranger captain challenge or what?" - Codey
- "These monsters have elemental types associated with them. When you change those types, things start to get real interesting." - Codey
- "I hope you're prepared to go head-to-head with a combat master!" - Codey
- "What?! How did I lose? I mean, I intended to lose. Th-this was just a test for you, after all. And you passed. Congratulations, or whatever. !" - Codey
- "There must have been something wrong with my calculations, My strategy is SUPPOSED to be unbeatable! ...That's what I would say if I was mad. Which I'm not. I'm not mad about it at all. Don't get any ideas that you won on purpose, you hear? If I was going all out, you wouldn't stand a chance." - Codey
- "But here on New Wirral? There's no internet here. What a joke." - Codey
- "If I knew that people would be calling me Codey forever, I would have picked a cooler nickname. Like Killswitch, or Omegabyte." - Codey